The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Street Crime Fighting Man

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I could not understand why I kept hearing a door open and close last night. Husband was downstairs. I just assumed he had fallen asleep on the couch while watching TV. But the door noise made no sense.

Then, Husband came upstairs with a flashlight.

"I think I saw the bastards who have been breaking into cars casing our street again. The cops are on the way."

I stayed in the bedroom. The Boy was in total guard dog mode. He was standing at the top of the stairs, growling and barking.

I peaked out the window saw two cop cars outside. Husband was talking to the cops for about five minutes. Then he came back in the house, feeling a little dejected.

"It was just someone delivering newspapers. Who the fuck delivers papers at 3 AM??? And don't they just go from house to house instead of driving up and down the fucking street?! What if that is their M.O.???"

Well, I had no answer for that. But I did tell him that he did the right thing. In addition to break ins, someone is torching cars in our suburb. Even if is an M.O., he may have foiled their plot. Either way, it's better to say something than to say nothing and then something bad happens.

That made Husband feel better. Now, he is just worried that he may end up in the Police Blotter.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Between the husband and The Boy you should feel safe and sound!!

I agree that newspaper delivery at 3am sounds fishy.

rented life said...

"An over-concerned man reports potential car thieves casing his street. Newspaper delivery people were apprehended. If your paper is late, stolen or damaged today, you'll know why."

hehe. At least people get the paper in the morning in your neighborhood. Ours comes whenever she feels like going around the block.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I used to stay out past our curfew and sneak in but she had to be home for before he dad got up to do his paper route. at 3am. sucked because my dad didn't get up until 4:45. no paper route, just an early riser.

seems a bit on the early side but if people want their paper by, say, 5am at the earliest, you gotta start practically last night!

Psych Post Doc said...

Even if it does end up in the blotter, maybe the theives will know that someone in that neighborhood is on the look out at 3am.

Subscribe