The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Size Does Matter

Posted by Seeking Solace |

J and I headed to the outlet mall to do a little back to school shopping. I did get a couple of cute things at Ann Taylor and a nice shirt for Husband at Eddie Bauer.

We stopped in Maidenform becuase J was looking for a particular style of underwear. She told me these boy shorts were the most comfortable ever. Since I love boy shorts and they were on sale, I decided to pick up a couple.

The sales clerk rang up J's purchase first, without comment. After she rang up mine, she held up a pair of the underwear:

"Are you sure you don't want to try these on?" she asked.

"No, I think they will be fine." I said.

The the woman said, "Well, are you sure, I mean look at the crotch on these!" She was holding up the underwear, showing the crotch area.

Then she said, "The crotch is just too small. I prefer big ones that cover all around." Then, she stuffed them into a bag.

OK....Was that woman trying to sell me a pair of granny panties?

Since when does the crotch matter, unless you wear a thong, which I do not use. That is why boy shorts are so much better. No VPL and no string up the crack. (Sorry about the graphic thought!)

And I don't think my ass is so big that I require that much coverage. Sure, I like things to be covered, but once again, boy shorts will deliver. It's not like my ass is hanging out of them or anything.

Now, I am going to check my drawer to see if my underwear has different crotch sizes.

7 comments:

k8 said...

Why is it her business to comment on how much material you want covering your crotch? Wow!

M said...

God, you have to wonder some time, what IS the matter with some people.

Anonymous said...

Seriously! I mean, that comment is all about her OWN underwear preferences, and really, I don't need to know that about my cashier!

Psych Post Doc said...

That is just inappropriate!

She won't be in that job for long if she consistently comments on other people's underwear choices.

rented life said...

I'm a bikini style girl myself. I tried the boyshorts but just don't find them comfortable...but it wasn't because of crotch coverage! I don't think that's been an issue with any of my undies.

You should have complained!

Abbey said...

I really thought she was going for overall size and couldn't imagine the gall. But crotch size?

Anonymous said...

that is so weird...

Subscribe