The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, December 30, 2007

End of Year Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Take the summer off. I had a lovely Summer of Seeking Solace.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Yes. In my quest to return to being a vegetarian, I gave up eating pork. For 2008, I will give up all beef products.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No. But I know a lot of folks who are pregnant.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes. My great uncle.

5. What countries did you visit?

Canada

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

A thinner, healthier body like I did in '06.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

July 11th - 15th wedding anniversary. July 17th - Offered new job. October 20th - Paid off all my student loans.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Finding a new job.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not getting into the LL.M program. But it was a good thing becuase I would not have my job now!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I battled some serious migraines this year. My RA is still in remission. Steroid free for two years!!!!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My laptop and my CHI flat iron.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

The Boy becuase he earned his Canine Good Citzen and SPCA therapy dog designation.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Michael Vick, Don Imus and some of my students.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Shopping, investing tickets to see the Police, and paying off my student loans.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Having a new job. Seeing the Police in concert. Working with as a kitty cuddlier.

16. Song that reminds you of 2007?

Anything by the Police to honor the concert I saw. Also, Move Bitch by Ludacris. (The latter is in honor of Righteous Babe!)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

Happier, fatter and richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Working out and getting facials.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Stressing over and bitching about students

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Spent it with Husband and the Boy.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Still in love.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

House, SVU and Law and Order

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't hate anyone, but I am still pissed at a couple of people.

24. What was the best book you read?

Eat, Pray, Love.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I haven't found any new ones yet.

26. What did you want and get?

LUSH bath products.

27. What did you want and not get?

A puppy.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

The Simpsons Movie. I did get the DVD for Christmas. (Spider Pig rules!)

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I was 39. I went out to dinner with Husband.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Less depression during the first few months of '07.

32. What kept you sane?

Husband, volunteer work with the Boy, and my kitty cuddling job over the summer.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

None of them.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Not so much political issues, but the issues that ground my gears were the Michael Vick case, Don Imus, Virginia Tech and the Jena 6.

35. Who did you miss?

My friends at my old job.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Righteous Babe. She made my transition at the new college bearable and fun. She will no doubt be a life long friend.

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go 'round and 'round.
I really love to watch them roll.
No longer riding on the merry-go-round.
I just had to let it go.
Watching the Wheels by John Lennon

1 comments:

DrOtter said...

Happy New Year! I hope it is better than you could possibly imagine;)

Subscribe