The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

All Is Quiet On New Year's Day

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I know it may be a little cliché to quote U2 today, but I just couldn't resist.

This time last year, I was unemployed, depressed and unsure where my life was heading. I had to battle some personal and professional demons and face some things about myself that needed to be addressed. I had to really look at who I am and what really matters to me. There were many triumphs, restarts and lessons learned. 2007 ended with new joys, a new job, some great new friends and just a new outlook on where my life is going. The big lesson learned is that I will be OK no matter what comes my way. I have a great Husband and dog who love me no matter what. And, I have great friends who support me and stand by me whenever I need them.

I don't like resolutions. but like Philosophy Factory said, it more like making positive patterns to improve on. I would like to continue some of the positive changes that came out of my stressful year, plus some other changes for the better.

  • In my quest to return to being a vegetarian, I am giving up all beef products. Husband, who is a big beef eater, is 100% supportive in my change and even purchased some meatless products for me.
  • Fitness will be back on my radar. More about that later.
  • Less obsessing and stressing over the things that I cannot control, especially my job and my students.
  • Spending more time on myself.
  • Enjoying the ride..I am turning 40 in a few days...it's about time I did.

Happy New Year to all of you!!!! Now if you will excuse me, there is a huge event going on in my neck of the woods that is starting soon. While I am not attending, I want to get a front row seat on my couch!

5 comments:

Prisca said...

I was just going to e-mail you and ask if you were attending the 'Big Event!' I can't wait to see it. I just heard about it this a.m. and I'm sure it would be absolutely awesome to see in person. I'm wondering who had such a brilliant idea. ;)

Happy New Year and keep us posted on your vegetarian progress. I'd do it if someone else did all the cooking. :)

40 rocks, fear not!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good list of things to work on this year--as you enter 40Land. My forties, despite the different stresses, were good, and fifty, so far, has been fine. I feel happier and more centered as I move forward in life. I wish the same for you, Seeking.

Seeking Solace said...

Prisca: The NHL came up with the idea...I think. I guess they thought LESC would be a great place for an outdoor game.

I will definitely keep everyone posted on my progress. I am still eating poultry and fish, but in limited quantities. Husband got me a great book for Christmas that has some great info on going veggie.

Joanna: I am really excited about 40. I feel like it is my time to shine!

Mad Hatter said...

Isn't it funny how the shitty periods in our lives are sometimes what it takes for us to figure out what we really want and what truly matters? Hurray for great husbands and dogs, and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on acknowledging your Turning 40 journey. I'd love for you to share your experiences with my readers at http://www.turning40.net.

Turning 40 is a great time to reevaluate priorities, make plans and push past the fears that had been holding you back.

Happy new year!

Subscribe