The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, December 28, 2007

Another Question

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Who sends tenderloin and ground beef as a Christmas gift?

Husband and I received this gift from a family member. It came in the mail in a Styrofoam cooler.

I guess I should have mentioned to the family that I am in the process of becoming a vegetarian again and will be off beef products beginning January 1. (I gave up pork products this year.)

Oh well, Husband and the Boy will have A LOT of steak and burgers to eat!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

um wow. I guess nothing says merry christmas like a pile of meat.

Anonymous said...

omg, we just got one those yesterday! it is INSANE! though we got the ready made meals, with veggie and potato side,s you know, chocked full of preservatives and fake ingredients. i mean, i appreciate the thought, but people are dumb. to buy this crap.

rented life said...

I'll trade. You can have the cheese set that husband and I won't touch b/c of the B*@#$ it came from.

weird gift. I guess it really is the thought that counts.

Karen said...

Very odd gift. Every year at work a vegetarian woman gets a box of chicken wings from a client as well. Very odd....can't people just send chocolate?!!

Anonymous said...

I know of several folks here in Texas that send and receive such gifts. But then again, around here you only need to go about two miles in any direction to find a steakhouse restaurant. Although, I do admit that the first time I heard of someone getting this sort of gift I thought it a bit odd...then I remembered that I live in beef country:) Personally, I have to agree with Kai, chocolate is much better as a gift...much, much better:)

Alice said...

Agree with Kai -- send more chocolate!!! :)

Subscribe