The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, May 19, 2006

It's True What They Say

Posted by Seeking Solace |

What a difference a day (off) makes.

I feel much better today. Thanks to all my friends out there for the get well wishes!!! I still don’t know if it was sinuses, PMS or the “I am sick of my job” kind of sick. The Boy must have known I was under the weather because he let me sleep until 11 AM yesterday. Plus a nap from 1:00 to 2:30 hit the spot.

Yesterday was made brighter because I got a present from the UPS guy. My books from Amazon arrived. I ordered You, The Owner’s Manual, written by that doc that is always on Oparah and My Sisters Keeper. (Thanks to Shelly and Inside the Philosophy Factory for the suggestion.).

So what’s on the agenda today? No clue. I should probably work out since I have not done anything since Tuesday. I should start writing up my research projects for Survey of Law and Law and Ethics. Thanks to my ding-dong of a student, I am now changing my research project. I will probably holler at GML later. She and I seriously need to plan some kind of outing. We teach on different days, so we don’t get a chance to hang out much on campus. Plus she is teaching a class at another college this summer, so her plate is a little full.

Speaking of teaching at other colleges, I sent my resume and other crap to Southern State College for consideration. I think I mentioned that Southern State College is looking for a Criminal Justice Lecturer. I forgot what a pain in the ass sending out resumes, cover letters and college transcripts was. Is it really necessary for them to know that I had to retake Sociology back when I was an undergrad in 1987? Anyway, wish me luck.

5 comments:

Addy N. said...

Hi ss:
I'm glad you are feeling better today! I wanted to let you know that I changed my blog address to: http://untenured-no-no.blogspot.com/

Take care,
Adenostoma (Addy N.)

luckybuzz said...

Glad you're feeling better! (And good luck!)

Seeking Solace said...

Addy n: Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job search. I really hate the mountain of stuff that we academics have to come up with. And, now that I have a full time job, they require that I get a new transcript after any semester that I take a course of any sort (related to the job or not!).

Anyway, good luck. You never really know what they are truly looking for.

Oh, and glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Seeking Solace said...

Shelly: I just finished the book. OMG, what an ending!

Subscribe