The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

So Now What?

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Michelle asks me about Plan B. Well, I am trying to figure that out, but I do know that I want to find another job SOMEWHERE. Preferably, I would like to stay where I am, mostly because the thought of packing up all the stuff in my house and going through the moving thing scares that crap out of me. Also, I think GML, and others, would kidnap me in order to keep me from leaving. At the same time, I have to be realistic about the prospects in my area. They are few and far between.

That leads me to my next point. What the hell do I want to do now? Do I want to stay as an academic? Do I want to stay in adjunct-land, or do I travel into uncharted territory and go on the tenure route? I really do not want to go back to practicing law. Suddenly, I feel like Admiral Stockdale when he said "Who am I?" "Why am I here?"

Gah!

7 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I don't have answers, but we will be here to listen to you when you need to sort things out.

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks B*!!! I can always count on you and the blog world!

Anonymous said...

I faced similar questions some years back before I landed my current position. It is tough. There are no universal right answers. What is best for one person isn't for another. Just don't rush to make a decision. If you were content doing what you were doing, then keep trying for an adjunct position somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I don't really have advice, but I wanted to wish you luck!

Weezy said...

We are truly seperated at birth i think!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I really hope you can find a position with people who deserve to work with you.

I hope you see this as an adventure. Perhaps your evil dean did you a favor.

Joy- Ms. Flamingo said...

Hey, that's MY lines! Why, why do I have to answer them??! ;-) At least I'm in good company! (and I'm not talking about Admiral Stockdale!

Subscribe