The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday Bullets of Crap-ola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

To quote B*, I am cranks today. Why?

  • I have monster cramps! Enough said
  • IT'S FREAKIN' COLD HERE! Once again, enough said

I had my hair straightened on Saturday. Two hours spent in the chair. But it looks great. The only thing is that I can't wash my hair until tomorrow.

Still waiting on the job front. Having an uncertain future makes me feel somewhat inadequate.

Another possible position at Alma Mater Law School was just announced. Question...how do you say that being a graduate of the school would be beneficial to the position without sounding pretentious?

I had a strange dream last night that I taught a seminar at Alma Mater Law School about how to survive studying and taking the Bar Exam, particularly if you have to take it a couple of times. Hmmm...possible book idea or job idea????

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Oh, dude... cramps totally suck. you have my sympathies. :(

I also hate waiting and uncertainty. I hope for all the best for you with your professional journey.

Regarding your question, I might phrase it along the lines of... if you are a graduate of the institution, then you are personally familiar with their philosophy of teaching and learning, you are already aware of their student population, etc. However, this might be tricky, because things may have changed since you were a student there, and faculty may experience these issues differently from students. What do others think?

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I'd say something about knowing the culture of the school... also, something about helping students navigate the challenges and graduate.

betty said...

first of all, i don't think playing up your alma mater status is pretentious at all. but if you are worried about it, i like both comments so far. when i applied for jobs at my alma mater i just talked about the positive things i got from being there and said i wanted to get back. i let them decide if my experience there would be beneficial or not. but i am not a cool lawyer, just a lowly grad school dropout - so i think you should go for it!

Subscribe