The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, January 08, 2007

Beginnings

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have not had much to say. But, I am doing better. I started looking for jobs, both locally and away from Lake Effect Snow Central (Sorry, GML!). I am still waiting to hear from Local Community College and Alma Mater Law School. I also applied for a position in Midwest State, which seems tailor made for me. Today, I sent a resume for a position at a L aw School in Southern State. (I won't post which schools, but if you are curious, you can email me at seeking_solace@adelphia.net).

I am trying to keep a schedule so that I don't succumb to a state of ass-horizontal-ology on the couch. It's easy to sit around and mope about one's circumstance. But, I just can't do that anymore. So, I blocked out time for job searching, writing and updating my teaching portfolio, working out and doing stuff around the house.

I had a good laugh the other day when GML told me about the mandatory adjunct training at my former college. All adjuncts, regardless of the number of years of service had to attend. She said that it was three hours of information that any of the veteran adjuncts could have conveyed. Plus, some dude who was hired last month spent a significant amount of time telling the adjuncts that it is THEIR responsibility to contact a student if he or she is absent. Good God, I am SO glad that I am not working there anymore. I now know where a portion of my salary went!

5 comments:

Ianqui said...

I know that people hate to hear this, but maybe it really is better that it turned out this way. Yes, a job is a job, but yours often sounded like a lot of trouble. I hope you can get a new, better one very soon.

Prisca said...

I'm hoping 2007 brings a new & exciting job for you. Looking for work just sucks so hang in there and know we're rooting for you.

sheepish said...

Good luck!

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Oooh, I wonder if Midwest state is the same one I'm in. That would be so cool.

RageyOne said...

Wishing you well in your quest!

Subscribe