The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Cope

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I don't have much to blog about lately. With the end of year heinousness, I have not given much thought to anything else.

It's weird. I should be stressing about getting my syllabi ready for the semester or bitching about the upcoming faculty development session. And maybe if something comes up between now and the next two weeks, that may happen. (I am waiting to hear from Community College about a job). But for now, it just seems weird.

I am one of those people who gets bored really quickly. I am not great at long, extended vacations. I get ancy after about a week. I have some things planned in case of an extended job hiatus. But, I fear the boredom that extended unemployment can bring. The fact that I cannot drive does not help matter either.

On a lighter note, I think the Divorce from Hell is almost over. I say almost because the way this has gone, something could come along and mess everything up. The judge's clerk called and told me to submit the documents without the insurance information. The court does not want to hold up finalizing a divorce because of missing information that they can subpoena. That is good news. So, I will send the docs today and by next week, I will file them with the County Clerk. Then I will be free my friends, free!!!!

Also, I got a clean bill of health from my Rheumatologist. No progression of the RA or joint damage detected. She thinks my exercise routine has helped. I couldn't agree more. I have a new workout buddy now that I can't work out with my girls.

So maybe 2007 is starting out better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you best wishes for 2007. It's going to be a good year, I can feel it. I'm glad you've seen progress and your workout is helping! :)

Chaser said...

Horray for those workouts!! Good job, Seeking.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for divorce from hell nearing a conclusion!

All positive 2007 karma coming your way!

RageyOne said...

Yay for the clean bill of health!

Anonymous said...

Hi again,

I just noticed that the link to my blog on your list is wrong. I had to change my URL address a while ago when it malfunctioned. THe correct address is:
http://joysthinkingoutloud.blogspot.com/

Hope you have a good week!

Anonymous said...

hey, glad to hear that you are feeling good! i know what you mean about the boredom though... i hope you get a nice new job! thanks for all your supportive comments...

Subscribe