The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Not Bad, But Not Good

Posted by Seeking Solace |

So after all of the heinousness of the morning, I had to get down to the business of teaching. why is it that when your day starts off poorly, you remain in a funk? That was me. I just could not get myself to get up there and talk about employer - employee relationships in my Employment Law class or how to analyze a complex issue for Critical Thinking. So, I just did a "free for all" classes where we just shot the shit. Although in my Critical Thinking class, it was a perfect opportunity to have the students look at issues from another perspective by having them argue a classmate's counterpoint.

Frankly, I just could not wait to get home. I curled up on my couch with the Boy. Husband cooked dinner. Thank God tomorrow is Thursday and I am done at 12:30 PM. I don't teach on Fridays, so it's relax time.

3 comments:

betty said...

oh no! i had a crappy day too. and once the crappiness began, there was no turning back. all kinds of things got all messed up. ugh.

i hope tomorrow is better!

Abbey said...

I don't know if it's appropriate or not, but when I had one of those days, I just turned to my class and said "Yeah, I don't really feel like being here anymore than you do. But we have to get through the chapter anyway." I wonder if commiserating is an ok approach with students or opens you up to problems in the future.

RussianViolets said...

I had that day, too. I think that it's the end of summer/beginning of fall thing. I hope that you are feeling better and relaxing today.

Subscribe