The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I've Been A Bad, Bad Girl

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I have been ignoring my blog, among other things. I have been just EXHUSTED lately. I can't explain why. Today I woke up around 9 AM, thanks to the Boy. But an hour later, I was back in bed, sleeping until almost 1 PM! Plus, I napped for an hour on the couch between 3 and 4 PM. I have been going to bed at a decent time, so I can't blame it on staying up late. Also, I have been in this mental funk. I just can't seem to get into a routine, now that the semester has begun.

Part of me thinks that it's the Vitamin D deficiency that often happens to me in the Fall. It is very gray and dreary in Lake Effect Snow Central. That does not help one's mood. Plus, I work in a window-less environment. My classrooms have no windows. The faculty area has no windows. It's like I spend eight hours a day in a cave. And it's hard to break away to get some light. I have an appointment with the doctor in two weeks, so I am sure she will want to do a blood test to see if that is the case. If it is Vitamin D, then it's high doses of it for eight weeks.

Part of me wonders if I am starting to become tired of my job. I don't think I have stayed in the same job for more than three years. For some reason, I start to get ancy and bored. On top of that, there are some things going on at work that really chap my ass. Of course, I will blog about that later.

Husband asked me if I was depressed, and therefore, hyper-sleeping. I don't think so. Granted, I am not my cheery and sarcastic self. But, I can't say I am depressed. Although I do feel that that sad brain cell in the Zoloft commercial.

Ugh!

6 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

oh! Vitamin D. Good point. I slept 10 hours last night, and I have no idea why.

I have no windows in my office at work.

Ianqui said...

Oh, is it a brain cell? I always call it the Zoloft egg.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling dreary. I hope that gets resolved soon.

betty said...

It's so funny, but Shelly and Ianqui said exactly what I was going to say - I thought that was the Zoloft Blob.

Hope you feel better...

sunnyacre said...

Hope things get better for you soon!

Mel said...

have you ever tried a full-spectrum light bulb? can make a big difference during winter in windowless space...

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks for all your good wishes everyone! It does wonders for the mood.

Mel: Husband was just saying the same thing. We found a website where you can purchase those kind of light bubs.

Subscribe