The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Quote Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Go here and refresh the page until you find 5 quotes that reflect who you are or what you believe. (Sorry, but I did six).

Live well. It is the greatest revenge.
The Talmud

If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
Jimmy Buffett

If someone betrays you once, it's their fault; if they betray you twice, it's your fault.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Unknown (This is going in my syllabi next semester!)

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
Lily Tomlin

I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.
Ernest Hemingway

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Is anyone around here old enough to remember Gomer Pyle? Or maybe it was his character on the old Andy Griffith Show. Anyway, the only thing I remember from either of those shows was something he said that has stuck in my mind since I was a child. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I didn't know it was from Eleanor Roosevelt.

I almost used that Lily Tomlin quote. It was my sixth favorite. Of course, I could have used it if I was the kind to blatantly break the rules...like some people.:)

I would have used that Hemingway quote if it had come up for me. I like it a lot.

Subscribe