The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Three Bad Things

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Whoever said that bad things happen in threes may have been on to something...

I've spent the last two days fighting with a specialty pharmacy company regarding my medication for RA. I take one of the biologic drugs, which my insurance company requires that it be filled by one of those home delivery-specialty pharmacy companies. The pharmacy has been making excuses for why they cannot fill the prescription, with the final excuse of "Your insurance doesn't cover this medication." I flipped my shit on that one because the insurance carrier approved the prior authorization from my RA doc for the meds. So, why would an insurance company approve a drug that they don't cover? That would never happen. I went off on the supervisor for the pharmacy, citing how unethical and possibly illegal (fraudulent) their actions are. Husband is working with the insurance company, who has been surprisingly helpful. And, of course my RA doc and her staff have been amazing, providing me with samples of my meds until this is resolved. There seems to be a end to the battle, as I was contacted by another specialty pharmacy that the insurance company uses. Now, it's just a matter of having the new company including my financial support program funding for my meds so I only have to pay $10/month instead of the third tier co-pay. Still, all of this could have been avoided if people would just do their jobs and not break my universal life law...Don't be a dick.

Next, I have yet to hear anything from HBCU about Dream Job. When I called to follow up with the VP of Academics about not hearing from the committee about an interview, I either get voicemail or a secretary that is a very bad actress when it comes to giving the run-around. I've just decided to let it go and move on. Clearly people at HBCU have no interest my skills and/or are just too dysfunctional. I just don't have the energy to fight anymore. Again, it's a case of people being dicks.

Finally, my professor for this semester asked to speak with me after class on Monday. Given my high level of anxiety over the above issues, I shot into anxiety overload and a state of cat-like readiness. For three hours, I sat there wondering what in the world I had done. Did I piss off someone? Did I plagiarize something in an assignment? My professor is the chair of the division that I am pursuing. She wanted to give me the heads up that the admissions committee for the entire department has denied my application to the PhD program. Apparently, my quantitative score on the GRE is just slightly below what they normally accept. Someone on the admissions committee for the entire department has a bug up their butt about that, despite the fact that the rest of my application is stellar. This person has no contact with my subdivision within the department. Everyone in my subdivision is upset about this. So, I've been given some options that do not make me very happy. My professor thinks that we should fight this, given that there are some circumstances that led to my quant score being what it is, and that I should be admitted. This is a case of someone being a dick for reasons that have nothing to do with me, but with the perception of the department to the outside world.

Needless to say, I am pissed off, disillusioned and depressed. I've never experienced this much uncertainty in my life right now. Yesterday, I just puttered around the house, mainly because I needed to distract myself from anything school, HBCU or medical related. The cold and stress have made the joints a little angry, so running has not been an option as an outlet for stress. Although, I am going to give walking on the treadmill a try today. Husband and Junior have provided some comfort, but honestly I just feel defeated.

Now that I've had my three bad things, it can only get better...right? 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

Subscribe