The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Caught in TV Static

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It doesn't snow often in Elsewhere. But when it does, everything shuts down and not much happens. This week, there has been ice, sleet, snow and cold temperatures that has brought the area to its knees. Elsewhere does not have the wealth of winter weather fighting equipment that I am used to seeing in Redneckville or Lake Effect Snow Central, so it takes longer for things to get up and running again. Both PhD and HBCU have been closed for most of this week, so I still have not heard anything on the job front.

Thus, I feel like I am caught in TV static. You know, the snowy picture you see when the cable or satellite goes out? It's like that. I can't see anything and I don't know when the connection will be fixed. The last thing I heard from HBCU was my follow up call with the VP of Academics who said that she would find out why I had not been contacted by the committee about Dream Job. I also applied for a similar job at two other colleges in the area. Again, nothing but TV static.

It's not like I am just sitting around waiting, I do have a huge amount of work for my PhD course. This class is kicking my butt with the amount of work. But, I can only deal with that for so long. It's been too cold and icy to take Junior for a run or walk (He is not happy at all). I've taken to the treadmill for workouts. But, cabin fever is setting in.

A good friend, who is dealing with some stuff, posted that she told her students that they will hit the "reset" button next week. This week has been rough in so many respects for so many people. A "reset" is definitely needed.

Hopefully, there will be an end to the TV static and we can return to normal programming.

0 comments:

Subscribe