The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, November 14, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day #13: Long Day

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I forgot to post yesterday. It didn't hit me until I woke up this morning.
In my defense, yesterday was hectic. My cousin needed my support with some issues at her son's school. By the time we finished, I had to rush off to my Research Design class. After class, I chatted with my professor about my final paper.  I had a great idea for the paper, which would change the focus of what I had proposed. Also, it would ultimately be a great topic for my dissertation. My professor loved my changes and gave me some information to help me. I had to rush through our meeting because there were other students waiting for the professor's attention and Husband had just texted me saying he was waiting for me.
Husband and I finally made it home at 8 p.m. As I was unloading my laptop from my bag, I realized...
I left the power cord to my laptop in the classroom.
Husband checked to see if the power cords to his work laptop and his personal laptop would fit  my laptop.
Nope.
Husband asked me if I had enough battery juice to get me through the day.
Nope.
He offered to take me back to campus to retrieve it.
Nope.
It was past 8 p.m. It's about 30 minutes from our house to campus. Our Wednesday Chinese take out was about to get cold. And, I was just too damn tired, hungry and PMS-ing. 
And cue the tears....NOW.
Husband gave me a hug, fixed me a plate and told me to go relax on the couch. After about 10 minutes, he showed me an image on his laptop. It was confirmation for a replacement power cord which would be delivered on Friday. "Until then." he said "I'll load some stuff on my laptop and you can use it."
Then, he gave me a hug and kissed me on the forehead. I started apologizing for my teary long-day-PMS induced meltdown.  He just smiled and told me it was OK, it was a long day.
Yeah, it was a long day.

0 comments:

Subscribe