The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, November 04, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day #4: Happiness is...Snoopy

Posted by Seeking Solace |

For today's post, I decided to use a prompt from Blog Her...

Who is your favorite character of all time?

That's easy...


Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved Snoopy. My first memory of the famous Beagle was when I was five years old. I had major surgery and had my stuffed Snoopy with me the entire time.  I had a great deal of Snoopy stuff growing up, stuffed Snoopys, lunchbox, notebooks etc.. I even had a dog that was half Beagle and half St. Bernard. Guess what his name was?

To this day, I still watch the Peanuts specials on television. A couple of years ago, Husband bought me some of the Peanuts holiday specials, plus Snoopy Come Home on DVD. I collect the Hallmark Spotlight on Snoopy holiday ornaments for my Christmas tree. 

So why Snoopy? Whether he is fighting the Red Baron, playing the role of Joe Cool or just being Charlie Brown's dog, Snoopy is smart, cool and downright loveable. He is willing to act on his imagination...who else would make a doghouse into a plane looks so cool?

For me, Snoopy symbolizes happiness and just enjoying life to the fullest. 

2 comments:

ernise said...

Snoopy is SO comforting. I had a Snoopy stuffed animal as a kid also.

Seeking Solace said...

He is very comforting. :)

Subscribe