The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, May 06, 2013

Back on the Roids

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Well, I started to feel better, but then all hell broke loose at work on Saturday and I ended up in another flare. I was so exhausted that needed to rest after climbing a flight of stairs. My joints ached, but were not swollen. And, the rib/collarbone pain was back. I stayed home from work today so that I could go to the RA doc.

RA doc said that this was definitely an out of the ordinary flare for me. She was concerned that I had such a quick downturn, especially after a 12 day taper. Also, the pain in my ribs and collarbone were more symptomatic of  Fibromyalgia, which she thinks may be a secondary illness to the RA. 

Well, that's just great. Another illness to add to all of the crap I am dealing with right now. 

OK, to be fair, she isn't sure if it is truly Fibromyalgia. It's just that my symptoms seem to lean that way. It is not uncommon for RA patients to develop Fibromyalgia. But, we will have to see how I respond to an 18 day steroid taper. 

What frustrates me is what caused the flare in the first place. The weather in Elsewhere has been unseasonably cold and rainy. Normally, it should be in the 80's and sunny. Instead, it's rainy and in the 60's. (Funny how I think 60's is chilly. If it had been Lake Effect Snow Central, I would be doing a happy-dance if it was 60 degrees this time of year!)

OK, so I can't control the weather. But, can I control all the crap that is going on at work?  

Yep...cliffhanger.

1 comments:

Psycgirl said...

Oh, I so understand - many hugs. I seem to have developed a second chronic illness (also stress induced, awesome) - which has meant I had to stop taking one of my medications for Chronic Illness #1... which just leaves me feeling like crap. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Subscribe