The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Week 1: Feeling Pretty Good

Posted by Seeking Solace |

This was the first week at my new job. Although it was a short week, it was still a busy one. I spent the week doing online training and getting to know some of the staff. Students are still on break, so it was nice to have the slow introduction.

Everyone seems really nice; each person I encountered this week said how happy and excited he or she was that I am their new dean. I mentioned to one person that perhaps everyone was happy to have a body in the dean's office. She informed me that everyone is happy that the new dean is ME. I guess prior to my applying, there were two candidates, both mediocre at best.  I guess my application and inerview impressed everyone. 

That totally made my day!

There is a lot for me to learn. Of course, that is true with any new job. There are some aspects that intimidate me a little. But, knowing I have people already in my corner makes the transition a little easier.

6 comments:

Psycgirl said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad they are all excited for you :)

Nitewriter said...

Sounds like it's the right fit! Yay for a great first week.

phd me said...

What a great way to start a new job! Hope the 2nd week is just as positive!

Alice said...

Have a wonderful semester! I am a community college faculty so feel free to ask anything, if you are curious as to the potential reaction from your faculty.

chicago foodie girl said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear it's going well! :-)

AliceAcademic said...

Hooray for a fantastic start to the new job!

Subscribe