The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks to the lovely JaneB for getting the New Year's Meme going!

 1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?

Took my first PhD class while juggling a 50 hour week job.


2. Did you keep your 2012 resolutions, and will you make more this year?

I don't make resolutions. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


A couple of friends had babies. Very happy for them.

4. Did anyone close to you die? 

No.

5. What countries did you visit?

No countries. But Husband and I did spend Christmas in Hawaii!

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?

Less stress and weight!

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Earning an "A" in my first PhD class, getting a new job and losing 20 pounds  (Although, I did gain three back while on vacation!)

8. What was your biggest failure?

I don't think I had any...surprise, surprise.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Sprained my ankle for the fifth time in my lifetime.  Also, had some stomach issues related to the RA meds. But thankfully, the RA is in full remission. 

10. What was the best thing you bought?

My Christan Louboutin peep toe pumps!

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Junior. He earned is Canine Good Citizen certificate. 

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

All the pinheads and asshats in Congress. 


13. Where did most of your money go? 

Our 20th wedding anniversary trip to Hawaii! We saved up for it, though. 

14. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? 

Happier: New job starting on January 2nd.
Thinner: I lost 20 pounds.
Richer: New job = more money! 

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Hanging out with my girlfriends. And blogging!


16. What do you wish you'd done less of? 

Stressing about stuff I can't control. 

17. Did you fall in love in 2011?

Been in love with the same person since 1987!

18. What was the best new book you read?

I read the Hunger Games series this summer. Awesome! 

20. What kept you sane?

Hanging out with my girlfriends and drinking wine!

21. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

Don't be afraid to just take the plunge. I dove right into my PhD, thinking I would not be about the handle working and school. Turns out, I can! I can handle just about anything, with the right plan in place!

3 comments:

chicago foodie girl said...

Happy 2013 girlie! :-)

AliceAcademic said...

Congrats on the new job!! I've missed a lot while I've been away, but it looks like great things are in store for you in 2013!! Happy New Year!!

Belinda Cruz said...

Hii great reading your post

Subscribe