The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Reset Button

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Back in September, I joined Lose-It. It's a weight loss site that tracks your calories and helps you reach your weight loss goals. It's kind of like Weight Watchers, only it's free. I really had a wake up call when I saw some pics  of myself. I successfully lost 20 pounds by December 18th, just in time for our trip to Hawaii.

After we returned, I wanted to get back on the program, as I have another 25 pounds to go. When I got on the scale on New Year's Eve, I saw that I had gained three pounds, mostly (I think) from vacation. I was a little miffed about it, but a couple of great friends reminded me how travel can screw you up. Long story short, when I got on the scale yesterday, everything readjusted and I was back to my pre-vacation weight plus I lost another .5 pounds.

So, I reset my weight loss goal for another 20 pounds. But for some reason, I felt like that goal was just too far away. When I set the first goal of 20 pounds, I was all like "Yeah, I can do this...20 pounds is nothing." Now, I'm thinking "Ugh...that's just too hard. How am I going to make it?" I don't have any vacation or anything to shoot for like I did the last time. I'm not in a position to run a race or anything because of the RA. (That's the subject of another post...I missing running!).  I am not comfortable shooting for a clothing size, mainly because I know how sizes are completely different from store to store to store and brand to brand. So, I am going to find something...anything...to help me through this. 

Husband and I are in the process of tricking-out our home gym. With the new job, my schedule and Husband's schedule makes going to the gym more difficult. So, we figured we would make our home gym a place we want to go. Plus, there is always Junior who LOVES to go for walks and hikes. I was adding distance to my walks and hikes with Junior, so that's a start.

In the meantime, I reset my goals on Lose It to 10 pounds instead of 20. Once I reach the 10 pounds, then I'll add the second ten and so on. Somehow, that just seems more palatable, less intimidating. 

1 comments:

Nitewriter said...

Those short goals work better. It's easier to lose weight in the spring than in the winter! I lost 50 in about a year, then stuck there for another year. I've got 30 to go. You can do it! Nothing like a dog to get you walking and loving it :-)

Subscribe