The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Adjusting

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It's my second week and I am starting to settle in a little. There is so much to learn and so many things to remember. I am supposed to go to "Dean" training later this week, so i think that will help.

The hardest thing right now are the hours. I work three nights a week, 1:30-10:30. That's a little rough.  But, it's
necessary because I am at a new branch campus that it is in the building phase, so the late nights are divided between me and the campus director.  I found out yesterday that I will be able to post for a department chair for one of the programs, which means that once that person is hired, my schedule will lighten a little.

In the meantime, I am adjusting. Junior likes the fact that Mom is home in the mornings. We have snuggle time, play time and walks, which is good for him and me.  

2 comments:

Nitewriter said...

I enjoyed working the late shift when I was teaching on campus. I was a night owl and stayed up really late after I got home from work. Then I'd sleep in as long as I wanted the next morning. It was hard letting go of that schedule though when I went back to early morning work hours. UGH.

Nan said...

Best if luck as you move along your journey and enjoy your cuddles!
Nan

Subscribe