The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, November 26, 2012

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Potential new job is holding firm on their offer. That kind of pisses me off because it's only a $5K difference.  All the other benefits are the same as current job, except tuition reimbursement would go into effect sooner.  They did agree to my start date of 1/2/13.

I know that it's not the HMFIC's cal on salary. He is answering to a higher power. But still...

I told them I needed 24 hours to think about it. Husband will be home today from our hometown to attend a funeral. I need to discuss it with him. I also texted my girls at work for some advice.

Ugh..and I still have to finish school work. The group paper is done. I am working on the PowerPoint. I still have to edit the research proposal. Oh yeah, and I do have two classes to teach tomorrow and I have nothing prepared.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Ugh tough choice! Seems like it's worth it (if you can financially swing it) to go someplace new after all the unfairness and drama at your current place though. HUGS

Alice said...

Agree with Karen -- start fresh somewhere else, hopefully better.

Anonymous said...

You already know what your current job offers. You also know it's unlikely you'll move up there. If the ultimate goal is to move up the career ladder then taking the job that will give you that experience will open up new doors. Only you can answer this: will staying open up new doors?

Nitewriter said...

Tough decision but I know you'll make the right one for you.

phd me said...

I don't have anything to offer other than lots of support while you make a tough decision!

rented life said...

What did you do?

Subscribe