The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, November 03, 2012

NaBloPoMo 2012: Getting back into the groove

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks to Addy for the reminder about NaBloPoMo 2012. I need the kick-start. I am a couple days behind so here is my first post that I should have posted on November 1st.

The prompt from BlogHer asked "What is your favorite quote?"  That's a tough one. I am a collector of quotes. I have so many that I truly love. But, I think the best quotes came from my dad.  he was quite philosophical in his own way.  I still follow these quotes today.

"Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you." 

This quote just reminds me that life isn't always fair. You might win; you might lose. 

"Don't get into a pissing contest with an asshole."

Sometimes, it's just not worth getting into a battle with people who just do not see (or will not see) your point of view. It's not worth trying.

"Cream always rises to the top"

If you are the best, you will ultimately rise to the top.


Sound advice, don't you think?



0 comments:

Subscribe