The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, October 15, 2012

So Far, So Good

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Sorry for being a bad blogger. I just finished a term and started a term at work. No vacation or break for this girl.

Things have been relatively quiet. Busy, but quiet. I keep thinking, at some point, the other shoe is going to drop. Students are way too quiet. Maybe things will change when I give the first exam for the fall term.

As far as the rest of work crapola goes, all I can say is "Same shit, different day". As long as I don't rip anyone's head off, I'm good.

My class is going well. I did very well on my first response paper. I am not too sure about my second paper; I guess I know this week. Also, I am working on a group project which seems to be going well. Finally, there is a final research proposal paper which I think I can knock out in the next couple of days. So far, I like it. I am looking forward to seeing what is being offered for the Spring. I have a feeling I will formally apply to the program.

Oh, and I've lost five pounds in three weeks. Not because of stress or being too busy, but because of Lose It.  My one and only faculty member told me about it. He's lost 50 pounds just logging in when he eats and exercises. I've been using it for the last two week. It's amazing how much I would actually eat. You set up how much you want to lose (No more than 2 pounds a week). Lose It tells you how many calories you can consume in order to lose the weight you want. Then, you track what you eat. You can buy back any calories when you include exercise.
The funny thing is, I was never really conscious of how much I ate. Now, I measure, track and document everything. Even Husband is into it, although not as OCD as me. He doesn't track everything, but he is much more aware of what he eats.  Hopefully, by the time we go on our big trip this January, we will be in much better shape.

So far, so good..right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've just decided to tweet my food intake as a way of accountability because I know that I eat healthy, but just eat too much. I also do use fitday.com which is like Lose it and when I actually post and track, I do very well.

Hang in there!!

Nitewriter said...

Wow that's great. A good slow weight loss is what sticks for the long haul. I've had an awful semester. Students just aren't motivated. I've got a term ending next week and one starting the 29th. Don't know yet how many classes I'll have. Sounds like things are going well. Keep it up!

chicago foodie girl said...

You are rockin' it, girlie! :-)

Subscribe