The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, January 01, 2012

2011 End of Year Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks to Anastasia for this one.


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?

Listen to oral arguments before the US Supreme Court.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't make them.  See previous post.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

The Boy. :(

5. What countries did you visit?

None

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

Less stress, more sleep and more time at home instead of working.


7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

11/2/11: The day I was sworn in to the US Supreme Court
9/3/11: The day the Boy passed away.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Being sworn in to practice law before the US Supreme Court.


9. What was your biggest failure?

I don't think I had any


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Um, I have RA...I'm always ill in some capacity.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

The Manolo Blanik shoes and the Armani suit! I am already saving for another pair of shoes!


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Junior for graduating from basic obedience class!


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I have a few people at work who really grind my gears.


14. Where did most of your money go?

See #11.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The US Supreme Court...seriously, it was amazing.


16. What song will always remind you of 2011?

Anything by Adele.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

Happier: Really, it's all pretty good.
Fatter: I've been slacking
Richer: I did get my end of year bonus.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Exercise. Reading for pleasure.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Stressing and work.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Spent time with the family in Hometown.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?

Always in love with Husband. But, I did fall in love with a crazy German Shepherd-Hound named Junior.  He is just the sweetest pup in the world.


22. How many one-night stands?

None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

House.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't "hate" anyone. But, there are a few folks that I strongly dislike.

25. What was the best book you read?

Hmm, I can't think of one. I didn't read much in 2011, but now that I have a NOOK, I think that will change.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Adele. Finally, someone with some talent that is not manufactured pop crap. 

27. What did you want and get?

See #11. I also got a NOOK. Oh, and my end of year bonus which I was supposed to get in July (Academic fiscal year is July-July).

28. What did you want and not get?

Cleaning lady to come to my house.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?

Again, don't know. Didn't go to the movies that much.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

43. And, I think I was at work.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

The whole Supreme Court thing. And, adopting Junior. It is so nice to have a pup in the house again.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?

Those of you who know me IRL, know that I am a classic when it comes to fashion.  But, I think now I am moving toward more high end items. See #11!!!


33. What kept you sane?

Husband. He is my rock. And, my IPod.


34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Not my thing.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

There is a big issue in Elsewhere regarding same-sex marriage. People here need to get a grip and allow people to just be with whom they love. 


37. Who was the best new person you met?

Junior. He counts as a person!


38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 20011.

People come into your life for a reason. Once that reason is no longer needed or they have given you what you need to move forward, it's time to let them go. That's what I learned from the Boy.



39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Gotta do what you can just to keep your love alive
Trying not to confuse it with what you do to survive."
  
Running on Empty, by Jackson Browne

2 comments:

rented life said...

I'm like the only person not listening to Adele. I'm ok with it, but I have noticed she's insanely popular among the most varied of people. I like Rolling in the deep, though.

Happy New Year!

Seeking Solace said...

I think she has a fabulous voice and a great talent. I think in a world of manufactured pop crap where there is no talent, just eye candy, Adele is a refreshing change.

Subscribe