The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Whirlwind

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It's been quite a busy week for yours truly. After my week of projectile vomiting, I went to a conference in the City Known for the Blues. There, I had a blogger meet-up with Comebacknikki, who is way cool and fun. It was like we had known each other for year. Of course, we have know each other, in the blog world and on FB. But, it was great to finally meet her in person. And in true bloggy meet-up fashion, here is the gratuitous alcohol photo which we enjoyed while dining on the best tapas ever!


The next day, it was all business. I spent two days learning about the approval process for my program from the Organization that Sanctions Everything in Law. I knew when I agreed to take on this task that it was going to be a massive undertaking. I have put in some significant work to date on this project. But after two days of discussion of what must be in place before the Power that Be give me their blessing, I will need to sell this to some folks waaaay up on the food chain. And, they may not like the fact that they will have to give me some authority's that others in my position do not have. Also, there will need to be some curriculum changes, which I've asked to be implemented for the past year. At least now I have some backup with why it is necessary.

The scary thing is that no one in our campus system is doing this. I am the guinea pig. This can be good and bad. It's bad because it is a ton of work that may not pan out the way everyone wants. There is also the possibility that the powers that be will say "NO" to my recommendations and the whole concept is tossed. That would have a additional negative effect in that the college wants to do this to set us apart from other institutions. There are a small number of colleges in the state with this designation.  On the plus side, if it does work out and we get the approval, I can use this a stepping stone to move up in the system. I have some ideas that are totally unbloggable, but lets just say that it could lead to something very big.

At any rate, it is good to be home. The Boy was depressed during the three days I was gone. Husband said he stayed in his bed most of the time. When I walked in the door Friday night, he did his "Dino" impression and almost knocked me over. Then he began to "talk" as only a dog can. I think he was trying to say "Where were you" and How could you leave me?"

Tomorrow, it's back to work. I already have a ton of emails and students wondering when I am going to be in the office. I wonder if I can sneak in incognito so that I can get some work done.

Anyone own one of those masks with the funny nose, glasses and hairy eyebrows?

2 comments:

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Wishing you luck and stamina on this project ahead!

Karen said...

HAHA oh I know the dog "scolding" sound for sure!! Glad you had a good time!

Subscribe