The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Plan

Posted by Seeking Solace |

My unexpected illness put me behind with much of my work. I have so much to do in the next four weeks.

  • I am going to Chi-town next week for training with Major Law Accreditation body. My legal program is seeking the blessing of the Major Law Accreditation Body so that we can be included in the very small group of undergraduate programs in my state that have this designation. This is a HUGE deal, almost akin to a college receiving it's own regional accreditation.  One huge bonus is that I am planning on meeting up with one of you!
  • I have a major paper and presentation that is due at the end of the month. This is part of specialized leadership training that I've been participating in for the past year. I am about halfway through right now.
  • Registration has started for next term. That means long days advising students.
  • There are only three weeks left in the term. Lots of back grading to complete.
I am trying to avoid the usually negative self talk that usually leads to my having a mini-meltdown over how much I have to complete. I really don't want to spend my entire weekend working. So, I am going to sit down with my coffee (the first cup of coffee I've had in a week) and map out a plan.

See, when I have a plan, I can keep those negative, overwhelming thoughts at bay. I know what I need to do and how much time it should take me to do it, allowing some leeway for when those creative juices start flowing or I get into that groove and don't want to quit.  In the end, I feel accomplished and satisfied.

Sounds like a plan.

2 comments:

deb aka murphthesurf said...

Plan? I always try to have plan A, plan B and then a plan C. This disease can be so unpredictable that if I have a must do item...I have found alternate avenues is my best "plan" of attack. Hoping your plan works out for as you sure do have alot on your plate right now.

Seeking Solace said...

Deb: Story of my life. Unfortunately. I am quite a busy gal! :) Thankfully, I have a lot of help. Especially when it comes to the RA. I will be thankfull when this term is over and I have a few days of R & R.

Subscribe