The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, May 20, 2011

Fab Five Freddy Told Me Everything's Fly

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Geeka shared this link to a blog. It's a FAQ for students about the Rapture.

Go ahead and read. I'll wait...

Funny, no?

Seriously, this whole rapture thing cracks me up. I can remember back in the 1980"s when Hal Lindsey came up with the same thing. And, nothing happened.

I think he forgot to multiply by Pi factor.

But, it does beg the question. Why are so many bad things happening? Maybe "God" (for those of you who are believers), is pissed. Maybe Mother Nature is pissed. Maybe it's just that shit happens (for those of you who don't believe).

I fall into the third category.  If it's the beginning of the end, so be it.  If not, life goes on.

I just hope I don't get eaten by the Man from Mars.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Anybody who reads the Bible knows this: “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father" (Mark 13:32). Therefore, anybody who predicts the coming on a certain day is a liar; as simple as that. :)

Rev Dr Mom said...

I believe in God, but I also believe sh*t happens. We live in a word that operates by natural principles and earthquakes and tornadoes and disease happen.

I'm far more concerned with how we respond to the awful things that happen and I think God does have something to say about that.

FWIW

Subscribe