The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, March 05, 2011

So, I'm Lying Here Just Staring At The Ceiling Tiles..

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Well, I don't have ceiling tiles...but you get the idea.

I am starting to feel better. The steriods have kicked in, which means the pain and swelling are down. I am still a little fatigued, though. I am almost done with the antibiotics; only 3 days left.

And, then the "I've got the RA flare blues" sets in.

What some people may not realize is that there is a huge link between autoimmune diseases and depression. You get depressed because you are in pain and can't do much of anything except stare at the ceiling tiles. You get depressed because you wonder what did you do to trigger this flare? You get depressed because you are constantly in that one-step-forward-two-steps-back mode.

For me, it's all of those and then some. I take antidepressants to help me cope with all of this. I have a great support system who listen without trying to solve anything. And, I know that like everything, this too shall pass.

It just sucks when you are in the moment.

11 comments:

post-doc said...

I'm sorry and thinking of you. It is hard to feel physically unwell in a chronic way and then feel your mood dip as well. I know you have a wonderful support system and I hope they're taking good care of you as you recover and rest.

Brigindo said...

So sorry you are in the moment. I hope it passes soon.

Rebecca said...

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of that, and I hope you recover very quickly. But at least you are aware that it will pass. The very worst of depression is when you can't see that. Stay strong! Hopefully, it will pass soon!

Psycgirl said...

I hope this moment passes quickly! Feel better soon

Addy N. said...

Sorry, Seeking Solace!! I hope you are up and around again SOON! Know that lots of us are thinking about you! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Yeah the moment definitely sucks! Take care -- rest a lot -- hope it gets better soon! Thinking about you!

Alice said...

Sending warm hugs your way!

comebacknikki said...

Awww, so sorry, girl! :(

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you are in pain, that stinks. thank you for writing this though. especially this part: "And, then the "I've got the RA flare blues" sets in."

With one substitution, that is exactly how I feel and yah, it is hard not to feel depressed. I can't even respond to emails or post, etc, when I am blue.

Anyway, I hope the flare ends ASAP.

TiredProf said...

I'm so sorry you're still under the weather. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Have not chatted with you in awhile. I do hope this flare passes soon.
Please rest and take care of yourself. I am sure the boy has been snuggling with you! Puppy kisses help make everything better. Hugs~GML

Subscribe