The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lucky I'm Sane After All I've Been Through

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Bonus points for the artist and song...no google cheating!

OK, so I've been through a lot lately.

  • I had the axis of evil: sinus infection + no Embrel + RA flare, which resulted in 12 days of steriods.
  • I have the post steroid weight gain (Back to the gym, I go)
  • I've been working some insane hours at work because it is registration time.
  • My students are driving me to wish I could drink.
  • With my liver enzyme levels elevated, that's the last thing I need to be doing.
  • I found out I was "volunteered" into doing a presentation less than a day to prepare. Needless to say, I got it done and it was actually pretty good. Perhaps watching the Blues Brothers helped?
  • I haven't slept decently in two weeks, despite kicking Husband out for snoring.
  • The Boy pooped, not once, but twice, on my brand new rug. In his defense, it turns out he had a little doggie virus. But, why my carpet????
  • My brackets are imploding in the Southwest (Pitt, you suck!)

I am surprised I haven't lost my mind...yet.

On the plus side:

  • Spring is in full effect in Elsewhere. It was 82 on Saturday.
  • I have tickets to see the Purple One this week!
  • Husband has begun digging our veggie garden.
  • The term is almost over!!!
  • Husband and I are going on vacation next month.

That's is what is keeping me going. Here's hoping I make it!

5 comments:

rented life said...

Ok, 82 is NOT spring, that's summer. Let's be real.

Is The Boy feeling better?

Your axis of evil made me laugh. One of my students had a similar axis of evil during midterm week. I sent him home.

Alice said...

Sending nice thoughts your way!

RageyOne said...

You're going to see His Royal Badness! Sweet! Do provide a review after the show.

Glad to hear you're on the mend! I'm sure you're you're looking forward to your vacation.

Anonymous said...

Too funny - I can relate. I had the same axis of evil 2 weeks ago. Bad sinus infection, no Enbrel, flare-up, and am waiting surgery for tears in my meniscis (sp) so I found some old prednisone I had laying around and was self-medicating. Steroids would be so much more magical w/out the side effects. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you and Boy are feeling better soon. Hang in there - vacay will be here soon!!

Subscribe