The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, March 13, 2011

And...We're Back

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Well, it's been a rough ride, but I am back and doing much better. I am back on the Enbrel and off the steriods and antibiotic. My energy level is back and I feel great.

During my hiatus, I cut my hair super short, like a Halle Berry cut. I just couldn't handle it with swollen hands. Husband tried to help, but it just made more sense to chop it off. I can style it straight with just a couple of quick zips with the flat iron.

I am a little concerned because my liver enzyme levels are on the high side. Because of all the meds I take, I have bloodwork done every 10 weeks to check those levels. My RA doc thinks that it is becuase of the steriods and the antibiotics. I had a hepatitis test just to be sure, but it's a little disconcerting.

Working is starting to pick up. We are in the home stretch of the term and students are going nuts. They are submitting some of the crappiest work I have ever seen. It's like they don't even want to try. One of my instructors told me that the students said to just give them all "C's" because they just don't care.

I am just counting down the days until the end of the term and my vacation. Husband and I are headed to the Caribbean for a few days in April (GML...we are going to Breezes!). We have not gone on a real vacation since we moved.

The Boy has been a little under the weather. He had three pooping incidents in the house this week. Sadly my brand new rug has been the spot of choice for the Boy. It's hard to get mad at him when he doesn't feel well, but I didn't have the rug for 24 hours before he crapped on it!

Crap at work and crap at home. At least I don't feel like crap.

5 comments:

Brigindo said...

Here's to not feeling like crap even when there is crap all around you!

RageyOne said...

I hope your heal continues to improve and the crap dissipates!

Alice said...

Hang in there -- that vacation is coming up!

AliceAcademic said...

Glad you are feeling better and hope the trend continues.

Addy N. said...

Glad you're feeling better! And hope you don't have anything like that again. :(

Subscribe