The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Back to One

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I've spent the last two days filtering. Filtering out the noise, that is.
I think there is just too much noise around me. TV, Internet, mail, etc just seem to clutter my mind. I think it has led to excess stress that I just don't need right now.

Yesterday, I took the day off. I needed to take the day off. I got my hair done and took a nap. Today, I had a spa day at a local day spa. I had a pumpkin facial and foot treatment followed by an apple spice pedicure. I am so relaxed right now.

Today, I unsubscribed to all the crap emails that I get from various websites. I get more crap emails then I get emails from real people. It just drives me crazy every time I open my inbox and see 20 messages from stores, magazines and other assorted crap.

I am also seriously considering dropping Facebook. Tragic, I know. The truth is, I just don't have time for it. I am just bombarded by updates and requests for all the games and quizzes. Husband deactivated his account because he just doesn't go on Facebook. Honestly, I am only there because so much of the bloggy world has slowed or abandoned blogging, that it's the only way I can keep up to date (Although, there are a few who are one Twitter, which I do intend to keep).

I've realized that I am way overwhelmed and over-committed. The last few weeks have proven that I need to get things back in order. I am working on a plan to get back on the fitness track and eating good, healthy food. Also, I have been working on my end of term autopsy which will also help me focus on what worked and did not work last term.

See, I am tired of being tired. Tired of feeling like crap. I need to get back to basics. Back to what should be one.

6 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I was feeling that way about facebook too... I did the best I could to block all the game applications from showing up on my home page... and it's been pretty good. I also reduced the e-mail alerts to people posting on my status -- which was helpful. They have the notification feature on the page, which works..

RageyOne said...

I totally understand. Sometimes it can become overwhelming. I did read where Fb is changing something so that all of the games and things you aren't involved in will disappear from your feed, so that's a good thing. I find that I end up hiding folks who continuously post or invite me to games. If I haven't done it in all this time what makes them think this one time I will do so.

Alice said...

I know exactly how you're feeling... and our semester is not even halfway done yet...

Seeking Solace said...

I went through and made adjustments to my FB page. I feel so much better. Honestly, I don't need to be that connected.

rented life said...

I keep FB b/c of the handful of people that I want to communicate with but have no other way to (no one responds to e-mails anymore!). I did notice one friend's status saying something like "For those who send me game requests, chain letters, etc etc, please send wine, chocolate, and airline tickets instead." :) I have considered dropping some people that I just can't deal with on any level.

I'm glad you got some downtime, I've been thinking of you! (Very Fall festive spa day!) I find that not caring if I can't read everything helps. If people are your friends they'll know it's impossible to keep up on every little thing, but that you still care.

Psycgirl said...

I quit Facebook over the summer (and blogged about it) and it was nothing but a good decision.

That being said, however, I got sucked back in with a semi-fake account that has no personal info because none of my friends with children could apparently adjust to going old school and emailing me photos....

The worst part is how crappy I feel after going back to it. Now I can waste time on it, stalk my ex, re-live high school drama, and feel left out, all without leaving my couch!

I think the people who really stay in touch with me though do send me emails or we speak on the phone. I'm all for quitting FB

Subscribe