The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Well, That Was Short Lived

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am on a six day steroid treatment.

Crap.

I thought I was doing better. I really believed I was doing better. But, I am just so tried and still in pain. Extreme fatigue is also on of the drawback of RA. Sometimes, I feel like I've been hit by a freight train. Being in pain is exhausting. I keep an emergency supply of Prednisone just in case of such an event. So last night I swallowed my pride and the pills. Six pills yesterday. Five pills throughout the course of today. Then four pills tomorrow and so on.

It's times like these where I get a little depressed. I was doing so well, having gone through so much in the past year and a half (moving twice, craziness from the job and so on) that should have triggered a massive flare. Instead, a slight change in weather and barometric pressure caused a tail-spin. It's times like these that I start to question everything and I wonder if I will ever have control over it. Those of my readers with chonic illness know exactly what I mean. I know I shouldn't subscribe to the all-or-nothing mind set, but sometimes I get so frustrated.

I have an appointment with my RA doc in a couple of weeks. I hope I will be past this flare by then. In the meantime, I just have to keep taking care of myself.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awww...I'm so sorry you had to go to the meds. But you seem to have so fewer flareups in your new location, plus all the other benefits of your move. Those are all good things, and maybe as your body becomes even more acclimated to your new climate the flareups will become even fewer and less severe too. Try looking at this as a temporary, minor setback. In the big picture, you're still doing great. Hope you feel better very soon.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the meds will kick the inflammation! It is frustrating when we go so long without a flare and then it hits big time, and usually at the very worst times! Going through something similar now with the weather changes. Take care of yourself and stay rested.

Subscribe