The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Folk

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am traveling to Lake Effect Snow Central later this week for a visit with my gal pals. It's the first time I've gone back since moving to Elsewhere.

I am excited because even though I absolutely love living in Elsewhere, I truly miss my friends. I have met some of the most wonderful people in LESC in the almost 20 years that I spent there. I have law school friends, work friends, old neighborhood friends who are not just great friends, but, as Husband puts it, good folk.

See, there are not many good folk out there. What do I mean? These are people who love you no matter what you do or say. They stay in touch, even though you move 750 miles away. You are willing to give them support when they need it because you know that they would do the same in return. Some have money, some don't. Some have more education, some don't. And you know what? It doesn't matter, because we're cool like that.

Now, don't get me wrong, I've met some great people in Elsewhere. A couple do have the "folk" status. But, like the song says, "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time!!

rented life said...

I can't wait! :) We miss you 2 very much, and I know I'm not alone in that. But please, leave the heat down your way, it's hot enough here.

Image Goddess said...

I know exactly what you mean. Even though my own "LESC" is only about 2 hrs from where I am now, it may as well be 750 miles away for as often as I can get home. But the people, just the same as you describe.

Psycgirl said...

I completely agree with you! Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Love reading your thoughts. Good luck. Seem like great "folk". Be easy & keep in touch:)

Subscribe