The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Eat. Shop. Love.

Posted by Seeking Solace |

My trip to Lake Effect Snow Central last weekend was wonderful, except for the plane ride. Way too many delays. The delays could not be helped, but still. Thankfully, my carrier has in flight entertainment. I "heart" Jet Blue!!!!

Although it was quite a hot summer in LESC, it was rather cool during my visit. I actually had to turn down the AC because I was freezing in the room. I guess LESC wanted to remind me that it was the weather that caused me to leave in the first place!

There was much eating that was done. And with the exception of the wonderful lunch I had with GML, none of it was healthy. But so many of my pals put it "Calories do not count on vacation." So, the tacos, cheesecake, ice cappuccinos, hot crab and artichoke dip, and other assorted foods did not count against me. However, I am on detox this week!

Shopping was also part of the trip. I did a little retail therapy on Saturday with RL. I found a cute cardigan and tank at Old Navy and some great finds in the sale bin at Sephora. Of course, I had to stop by my favorite grocery chain to pick up items that I just can't find in Elsewhere. I went home with four jars of vodka sauce in my suitcase, along with some other goodies. And, I purchased four bags of the famous LESC delicacy. The resturant that made them famous has them frozen and gives you a cooler bag to take on the plane. Very nice

I loved seeing everyone. It just reminded me how much I love my friends. Despite the distance and time spent away, it was like I had not left at all. I was a little sad when my plane taxied down the runway, headed for Elsewhere. But, I know that my friends will come visit me soon. And, I can always call LESC home.

3 comments:

rented life said...

I kid you not the weather went right back to being hot yesterday. It was only cool for your visit! Thanks for coming up and seeing all of us!!

Anonymous said...

What a great time!!

comebacknikki said...

Awesome! I'm so glad to hear you had such a great trip!

Subscribe