The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Must. Should. Want...The Lists

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Every Saturday morning, I go through the same routine. What do I need to do vs. what I want to do. My mind is a massive to-do list, as I try to prioritize the wants, the shoulds, and the musts.

The Musts are:

  • Clean the house
  • Get caught up on laundry
  • Grocery shop
  • Brush the Boy becuase he is seriously blowing his coat
  • Balance checkbook
  • Work on first lecture for the seminar that I am team teaching with a colleague that starts on Tuesday.

The Shoulds:
  • Exercise (Husband, the Boy and I did walk a mile, mostly uphill, last night...woot!)
  • Call my mom because she is sick
  • Do some organizing with all the back house paperwork that needs to be filed.
  • Make copies of the tax records so that I can send in for the house tax credit.
  • Shop for rugs for the downstairs, paint for the guest room and stain for the deck.

The Wants:
  • Shop for stuff for me at LUSH because I feel the urge.
  • Go to the Gap to pick up the lounge wear that RL and I saw last week becuase they were just to damn cute to resist.
  • Shop for shoes because my friend, MJ, had these shut-up cute pair of shoes yesterday and they really spoke to me.
  • Shop for stuff for the house that I don't necessarily need right now, but want.
  • Take a nap, even though I woke up two hours ago.
  • Read the James Patterson book I bought at the used bookstore that Husband and I went to last night after dinner. (The store is not far from the house...very dangerous!)

****Tomorrow night, I am going to see Sheryl Crow. I think that is a combination of all three. :)

Some of the things on my list can be accomplished while doing other stuff. Laundry is something that can be done while doing other stuff. I can clean while talking to my mom, thanks to speakerphone. That makes me feel a little less overwhelmed. Actually, as I look at the list, I think I can accomplish most of what I want. Somehow, thinking about what you have to do is much different than writing it down and really seeing it.

And on that note...I am going to dive in.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Call your Mom first! :)

MissDazey said...

Hope you Mom is feeling better. Yes, as Alice mentioned, that's an important phone call.

Of course, I also would get the lounge wear, rest and read the James Patterson or some other book.

Hugs to Boy.

Anonymous said...

Get one of those cordless phones with a headset and make phone calls while doing anything and everything. A friend and her sister had a once a week phone date and they talked for two hours while they both cleaned house (well except for when the vaccuming got too noisy!).

Good luck with your list!

Subscribe