The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Depths of Hell

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Nothing like a stomach virus to send you into the depths of hell.

I am recovering from the mother of all sickness, thanks to Husband. He had it two weeks ago. (At first, he thought it was Lyme disease becuase he found a tick on his leg.) Anyway, I've been confined to my bed, except for a trip to the doctor and several mad dashes to the bathroom. I am living on the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast).

It has occurred to me that I can't get sick. My college cannot function without me. First, we have this ridiculous policy of if an instructor is out sick, we can't cancel class. We have to have another instructor cover the class. And of course, there is no one qualified to teach my classes, which means I have to give my students "busy work", as if they are still in high school. My students resent being treated like they are in high school and I have to scramble to make adjustments.

It's ludicrous. I mean if you are supposed to be a college, shouldn't you act like one?

But, I digress...

I am trying to get back in gear. I taught my classes this morning and came home, I will muddle through tomorrow. This is the last week of lecture. Next week is finals.

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I really hope that you feel better soon. That sickness sounds awful. :(

RageyOne said...

yikes. i hope you get to feeling better soon.

Subscribe