The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, June 25, 2010

Did She Get Tired Or Did She Just Get Lazy?*

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Bonus points for song title and artist.

So, I have fully recovered from the depths of hell. It took a little longer than expected (Thanks a lot, methotrexate), but I am back to normal...for me anyway.

This week was the last week of lecture. I am so freakin' glad it's over. This semester has tested my patience for my students and a few of my co-workers. Next week is finals and then grading. July 1st is my last day. It will be a relief to have a week off!

Needless to say, not much has been done with the house, my workouts or anything. I have lost a little weight, but I credit that to the four days of gear reversal (the v-word just sounds as bad as the actual act). The truth is, I don't know if I've just been to tired to care or just have gotten lazy. I have not posted or maintained anything on the Active Academic in months. The last workout I did was all the moving.

I am also thinking about coming out of the shadows and making my blog public again. Part of the problem with going private is that people don't know when you post. My Twitter-mates know, because I post a tweet. But, I miss the great conversation from all you.

Sigh.

"She's so far gone she feels just like a fool."

(Same song and artist as the post title.)

4 comments:

Addy N. said...

The Eagles, Lyin's Eyes! I almost ALWAYS recognize your song lyric titles right away!

Don't be too hard on yourself about neglecting things. The end of the semester is always rough- and even worse sine you were sick! You'll get back into the swing of things soon!

"Buck up little camper" (name that one!)

Seeking Solace said...

Addy N.: Thanks, I hope so. It's been a little frustrating lately.

I wasn't sure if anyone would get that one. It's kinda near the end of the song. I still can't stop singing their songs after that awesome concert.

BTW...Better Off Dead!!!!!!

Addy N. said...

:)

Brigindo said...

Sorry you've had such a crappy semester but I'm glad you are at least feeling better now. It is true about the private blog, since I turned off twitter (had to as I couldn't get anything done) I never know when you post. I miss reading you regularly and have to find a way to check more often.

Subscribe