The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Calm Before The Storm

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband and I are taking a little vacation this weekend. We are headed to the beach. We haven't taken a vacation in over a year (Recon trips to Elsewhere and visiting family do not count). We are in desperate need to some R & R before the craziness begins next week with the closing and the moving. Seriously dudes, we are dog tired here in Elsewhere.

I have one class this afternoon. My family law students are pledging their love to me for giving them an extension on their legal memo project. I didn't realize how labor intense I made the project, so after some thought...and advice from those of you who I chat with on Twitter, I gave them until Tuesday to finish. I think today I might use the class to answer questions and give one-on-one assistance. My night R & W class was given a work session so that I could attend a special orientation for mid-start students. They are quite excited because they have just learned how to find cases and statutes in the books in the library.

I still have to work tomorrow, but there are no classes on Friday. I have a tutoring session with a student and a couple of meetings. Plus, I will need to get my stuff ready for next week, as I refuse to take any work with me on this trip. Husband will be at work at 2 PM to pick me up. After we drop off the Boy for his doggie vacation at the Petsmart Hotel, we are heading down the highway to sun and fun.

Hopefully, this trip will give up the chance to charge our batteries, becuase the next two weeks is going to be crazy.

5 comments:

jo(e) said...

Good for you for taking some time off to rest up before the craziness. Have a wonderful time!

RageyOne said...

have a great weekend!

Rebecca said...

What a fabulous idea. A nice veg out beach weekend before the frenzy starts. Best of luck with everything. Have fun!!

MissDazey said...

It's nice to read about the positive things happening at your school. Of course, it's because you are making things positive as a good teacher does. I bet the students will remember you throughout their careers.

I personally think every couple should have a romantic rendezvous whenever they can. Perfect timing too. Have fun!

AliceAcademic said...

Have a great trip!

Subscribe