The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crusin'

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Things are going well so far with my new position. Although there are a lot of administrative tasks, like SAP calculations, budget and what-not. I am handling it pretty well. My fellow program directors are so willing to help me along. Plus, the Dean is really helpful and understanding.

It also helps that I am teaching four courses instead of the hellish five courses I taught last semester. I am teaching the Intro course again this semester, so there is not much prep work. The other courses, Family Law, Civil Litigation and Legal Research and Writing, take some time to prep, but so far, it's manageable.

Last night, I did not bring work home. This was the first time in months I was not bring work home. I didn't know what to do with myself. I ended up talking to one of my attorney pals from LES last night. It was great to hear all the legal gossip that I am not privy to now that I live in Elsewhere. She and her boyfriend will be in the area this summer and plan to visit. I can't wait.

Friday, Husband is meeting with the home inspector. We don't foresee any issues. Husband and our real estate agent did a pre home inspection before we made an offer. How many real estate agents will crawl around in the attic and crawl space?!

And, I am back on the workout wagon. Since I don't have to be on campus until noon on Tuesday and Thursdays, I am trying to do my workout in the morning. So far so good. I am relying on an old favorite to help me out.

I am cruisin' along. It feels pretty good.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Cruzin is good! Glad you are back in the saddle!

Heidi said...

Sounds like things are as they should be. So glad to hear the house hunting is working out in your favor. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well!

I just realized that I had not been seeing your posts in my feed since you went private. I will make a mental note to click on the blog b/c I've missed some posts!

Subscribe