The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

666, Thai Food and Priests

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Or, how I spent my weekend in the City of Champions.

666
That number came up three times during the course of our travels.
The bottled water and magazine I bought at the airport in Elsewhere = $6.66
The cost of our rental car = $66.67
License plate of the car in front of us on the way to the airport today had 666.

Needless to say, I made it to and from the City of Champions safe and sound.

Thai Food
Blogger meet-up with this this awesomely cool blogger. We. along with Husband enjoyed very tasty Thai food. We chatted, laughed and had an awesome time. I think she and I were separated at birth, that is, if her embryo was set aside and frozen for a while and then reimplanted. That would explain the age difference. :)

We will definitely get together again, the next time I'm in town.

Priest
The purpose of the trip was our niece's First Communion. There were only three kids this year. They are Byzantine Catholic, so the parish is very small compared to the Roman Catholic. I did behave myself and was very respectful.

After mass, there was a little reception in the church basement. There were snacks, including cupcakes. As I sat down to enjoy my chocolate cupcake and coffee, the priest plops right down next to me. This always happens to me. For some reason I have some sign on my head that only priests or other men of the cloth can read that says "Sit next to me." There can be tons of seats, but no, they have to sit next to me! I don't know if I have "I'm a former Catholic turned Agnostic" written on my forehead or if they just smell it like a dog can smell fear. The conversation wasn't anything major, but I was just hoping there would be no questions like "So, where do you attend Mass" or "And where are your children."

Needless to say, I had a nice time. I loved the bloggy meet up. My niece looked like a little Taylor Swift in her Communion dress and nothing bad happened between my brush with Satan or the Priest.

0 comments:

Subscribe