The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, April 16, 2010

It's Friday Already?

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Seriously...what a week!!!

  • Thanks to all of you for your suggestions about how to handle the submission of assignments. My dean gave me a great idea. It's a "Get Out of Jail Free" Card. I give the students a paper which allows them to submit one late assignment during the course of the semester. The student has to attach the form to the assignment for it to be counted. Here's the best part. If they don't use it, they can turn it in at the end of the semester for bonus points. So, it gives them the choice: either use or get points. I added stuff like it's non transferable to another student or class and if you loose it...sucks to be you. I'll keep you posted on how it works.

  • The spring term started this week. Not much of a break between terms. Now that I am in charge, my days are a little longer during the first week of classes. I worked three 12 hour days this week. Today was spent running from meeting to meeting. So much for getting work done. But, it feels good to be in charge.

  • My students, especially the upper level ones, are really excited that I am their director. I think they have forgotten about the B.

  • We accepted the counter offer for House #2. We close on May 28th, just in time for Memorial Day. This means that we will get the $6500 tax credit for people who owned a house in the last three years.

  • Husband has really taken the lead on all the calls and paperwork for the house because of my new obligations with my job. Husband rocks!!!

  • Tomorrow, Husband and I are headed to City of Champions. Our niece has her First Communion on Sunday. We are her godparents, so it's extra special for her. So for her, I will pretend that I am a good Catholic for an hour. Then, it's back to my agnostic ways.

  • While on our trip, I hope to meet up with one really cool blogger. I can't wait!!!

  • Well, I guess I better pack my carry on bag for the trip. Useless Air (US Air) now charges $25.00 to check a bag. That is just so wrong!!!!

4 comments:

RageyOne said...

whew! you had a busy week! safe travels this weekend.

BrightStar (B*) said...

I love the idea of a Get out of Jail Free card!

I hope that the trip is all right, and I'm excited for you about your house!

Seeking Solace said...

B*: I know,it's an awesome idea. My dean is really creative and supportive. It makes a huge difference.

jo(e) said...

I love the "get out of jail free" card idea. I might try that one myself.

Subscribe