The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Process

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks for all your input. Candidate #3 did leave yet another voicemail saying she could interview on Thursday. She gave me her email as well. We'll see what happens, but she would have to be the greatest instructor on the face of the planet for me to hire her. I do have some serious questions for her.

In the meantime, I have Instructor #2 on speed dial.

In other news, the college has internally posted the directorship position. This means that I will have to go through the whole process..again. I am OK with this. It's just part of the way a for profit college works. HR has to have all their ducks in a row. I get it.

I had lunch with a college who is the director of another department. We have become good allies. She told me that her experience is that the college does like to promote from within whenever possible. That gave me some validation. It's not a guarantee, but it does help.

So last night, I wrote down some bullet points of what I have accomplish over that past few months. Today, I will get a copy of the posting so that I can match my accomplishments to the job specifications. I want to make this a no-brainer for the powers that be.

It's all about process. I get that.

4 comments:

Psycgirl said...

Yay for no brainers! I'm glad things are looking up :)

Seeking Solace said...

Well, I am not celebrating yet. But, it is a good sign.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on all counts!!

rented life said...

We're rooting for you up here!

Subscribe