The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Useful Information

Posted by Seeking Solace |

This morning, I arrived at work to find an email from Candidate #3. She wishes to withdraw from consideration.

(In my best Adam Sandler voice from the Wedding Singer) That information would have been useful yesterday!

So, I called Candidate #2, who was happy and excited about the position. I will schedule a meeting with him before the new semester starts so that we can go over some things to make him as comfortable as possible. I don't want him to go through what I did as a new adjunct.

Here's your textbook and syllabus...Good Luck.

I know how confusing and frustrating that was for me and I just don't want to see that happen to someone else.

As for Candidate #3...Let's just say I don't wish her any specific harm. At least I know now that she was/is a flake.

4 comments:

rented life said...

Love The Wedding Singer :)

My first teaching experience was similar--at the University up here. Throw in a "students don't really matter" comment as well. (I bet that doesn't surprise you.)

Anonymous said...

oh dear. well at least she's gone.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Candidate#2 has a lot of enthusiasm and that can make up for lack of experience sometimes. Teaching strategies can be learned; enthusiasm can't.

And how someone behaves before and after interviews tells a lot -- more even than the actual interview sometimes.

Sounds like you got a winner in #2. Hope it works out!

RageyOne said...

Sounds like #3 wasn't serious about this at all.

All the best with #2!

Subscribe