The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekend Murmurs

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • I survived the first week of classes. I am a little tired, but no worse for the wear.
  • My upper level students were upset about the change in the balance of power in the department. At least this time, they didn't take it out on me. But, they are having a hard time accepting change. My plan is to hit the ground running next week. Once, we have a routine, I think they will be more focused on their coursework.
  • I have some work to do this weekend.
  • I might be attending a conference in Neighbor State in March and another conference in Midwestern State in October. I would like to submit a proposal for the October conference. It's due in two weeks.
  • Husband and I are working on getting pre-qualified for a mortgage. We met with our bank yesterday. There is a house we really like, so we would like to get the ball rolling.
  • Husband is looking for accommodations for a short get-away for us and the Boy.
  • I have to get my workout routine back in gear. Too much disruption this week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

6 comments:

rented life said...

I'm glad you guys found a house you like! And 2 conferences? Awesome! Does the school provide any aid for that?

Seeking Solace said...

Thank RL!

Yes, they will pay for me to go. Not too shabby. :)

MissDazey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MissDazey said...

Trying this again, need to do spellcheck before a post, not afterwards. Right teacher?

Tell us more about the house, please. I'm sure Boy is ready for his own yard to freely play in.

Sounds like things are leveling out at work. Isn't that a big relief!

Anonymous said...

Routine is good. Weekend work sucks. Conferences are great if someone else is paying! Can't wait to hear about the getaway -- I need some ideas for dog-friendly things to do. And the house! The house! Good luck with all the paperwork stuff - it's definitely a PITA. Tell us more -- pictures?? Love house pictures!!

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone. I still have to convince Husband that we are done looking. :) He has this arbitrary number in his head that will indicate when we are done looking. After seeing this house, I am so done looking. It has EVERYTHING we want. But, at least I got him to the bank.

Subscribe