The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let's Go

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Today is the first day of classes. I don't have to be on campus until noon. But I have three classes, including my very first night class. I like the idea of being at home for a few hours in the morning. It allows me to get some things done. It is nice to drink my coffee with Husband, spend some time with the Boy and read blogs. Although this morning, I woke up with a migraine. Thanks to Relpak, I was able to sleep an extra hour and get up by 8:30 with no migraine or Benadryl hangover.

As for my classes, I am excited about this semester's group. Now that I am only teaching paralegal classes, I can finally do what I have been wanting to do for so long. Some of the students were in my class last term. They were phenomenal students, so I don't foresee any issues. I've met the other students on Monday and they are eager to get started. They have no clue about all the chaos of last semester. So, I am happy that I will have a fresh batch of students who have no biases or issues.

Tomorrow, I will have the upper level students. That is going to be interesting as there as those who have their loyalty to me and those that have their loyalty to the B. I am guessing that they already know by now that she is gone. I will allow them the opportunity to get their frustrations out of their system for about an hour or so. After that, it will be time to get some work done. In any event, I am ready to deal with whatever comes.

As for yesterday, I'm good. Thanks to all of you for your insight and support. There are some things about this person that, in retrospect, make some sense. There were some things that this person has said/done to others that I just brushed off. But after what happened, everything seems to lead me to the opinion that this is not a person that I need in my professional circle or inner circle. Rented Life is correct when she said that there are some people who do things and don't even realize it, but at least they are willing to say "My bad". That is not the case with my co-worker. It also explains why so many people do not interact with this person, even professionally. So, I am not going to ostracize this person, but I am not going to allow myself to get involved with this person either. I am not expecting an apology, but if one does come my way, I will accept it will dignity and grace.

Besides, I don't have time to deal with such matters, I am ready to get started teaching my students.

5 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I have a category of people -- I call it "does not exist". In order to get on the list, a person must demonstrate that their conception of the world/acceptable interacion is so different from mine that even discussing the differences would be useless. I don't even start the discussion because it would involve more interaction than I find acceptable.

I don't actively avoid them, I'll be polite when I run into them, but I also know that it would take an extraordinary event for them to come off the list.

rented life said...

Yay! for paralegal classes that you want to teach! :)

ITPF, a long time "friend" just revealed herself to be on that list. I think I like that category because it describes how I feel about her.

Anonymous said...

IPF: I have that list, too, and I like your name for it. There are just certain people that I could care less what they even think of me that I'm not going to bother with any interaction whatsoever.

The later schedule sounds awesome, too. I had a 4:30 the last two semesters, and I liked being on campus during that time. When I left each day when I had that class, it was bit nostalgic seeing the non-trads coming in b/c I was a non-trad during undergrad.

I'm glad that you have some classes you are looking forward to, too.

Wishing the best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're looking forward to some great classes this semester. And that the stress of the other situation is behind you. Have a great week!!

Psycgirl said...

I hope you had a great first day :)

Subscribe