The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Move On

Posted by Seeking Solace |

OK, I think we are all in agreement that the last decade, and 2009 in particular, sucked (Or in Husband's words "sucked ass").

Now, can we move on, please?

Seriously. Enough of the retrospective and dissection of the year and decade that was. Enough of trying to figure out what to call the last 10 years. Aughts. Nots, 00's. Who cares? Enough of the "whose at fault for all the chaos and heinousness". Enough of the "Woe is me, I am a victim of the decade that was."

I am just so over it.

Every new year, Profgrrrrl names a theme that is the focus for that year. This year, it's renaissance.

I like that.

For Profgrrrrl, it's about remembering who she is and how she can be that person. For me, I see it as renewal. I am living in a new state, have a new job and a new outlook on life. Renaissance, to me, also means letting go. Letting go of the pain, anger and heinousness of what was and embrace the new. I am not going to focus on what was or what could have been. Rather, I want to focus on what is and what could be.

I am ready to move forward. Are you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been ready!! I didn't do a retrospect on 2009 cause I'm already looking ahead. Did I learn anything from 2009? Sure! don't look back - always look forward :-)

Happy new year!!

Anonymous said...

yes, I am ready. I'd rather not revive previous versions of myself, though.

Subscribe