The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, January 04, 2010

Backbone

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am the type of person who is willing to help a friend, colleague, anyone really. But, I appreciate being asked first. What will sending me into a whole new dimension of pissed off is when someone tells me that I will help them, never bothering to ask me if I am willing and able to do so. And to add insult to injury, the person refuses to hear me when I try to explain why I might not be willing or able to help.

That happened to me today. And, yes, it sent me into that new dimension of pissed off.

I let certain people know that this was so not OK. It was unprofessional and out of line. I was not about to explain it to the person making the request, as it would have fallen on deaf ears and the person just wouldn't get it or care.

I feel empowered because I have it on record that this is one person who refuses to let others walk all over her.

5 comments:

Karen said...

You go girl!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I'm kind of the same way -- and it's important to say no even if they've made a bad assumption.

RageyOne said...

i bet that person was shocked at your lack of response to the request.

people who feel they are entitled to whatever they say make my @ss ache!

AliceAcademic said...

Yay you! I hope I will have the guts to do the same thing if this ever happens to me in a professional situation.

Anonymous said...

It really sounds like from a lot that has happened thus far that this is the type of place it'd be good to make that known.

Subscribe