The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, January 01, 2010

Another Year Over, And A New One Just Begun

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Happy New Year to all!

I thought I would start 2010 with a new template. Although I did leave the snow behind in 2009, I like the winter theme. Winter scenes always seem so peaceful, fresh and calming. This one reminds me of an Ansel Adams photograph.

As far as resolutions, I don't do them. I just try to live my life the best way I know how. My life is about new beginnings, new city, new job and hopefully a new house. So for me, 2010 is not only a new decade, but a new beginning. But, I guess if I wanted to do something different for 2010, I would try to live with more goodness in my life. Meaning, doing things that are good for me or make me happy.

OK, so that's kind of a broad concept. But, if you think about it, when we structure ourselves so rigidly by saying "I am going to do "X", I think we get the mindset of "I have to do "X". Now, I am not saying you should not have give "X" a name, but we become so rigid, that by March, we leave "X" behind because it was too hard.

I am planning to get back on the workout routine, my "X" if you will. But, rather than say "I am going to workout so many days a week or lose so many pounds, I am going to go back to what worked before, create a plan and take baby steps to reach small attainable goals. I mentioned in this post about making a conscious choice about how I spend my time. I am doing much better at the doing the things I want to, rather than focusing on the things I have to do.

Anyway, I hope 2010 brings you all your hopes and dreams. And I sure as hell hope that 2010 is better than all the crapola we had to deal with in 2009. I think we all could use some goodness.

5 comments:

comebacknikki said...

Happy New Year! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the template!! Happy new year!

Psycgirl said...

Happy New Year! I love the new template :)

Seeking Solace said...

Same to all of you!!! And thanks. :)

RageyOne said...

Happy New Year!

Subscribe